For immediate assistance, call our 24/7 Help Line at 614-565-2918
We provide the following domestic crisis support and assistance:
- 24/7 Helpline
- Crisis Intervention
- Case Management
- Advocacy in court and legal services, during healthcare visits, at public and welfare agencies. school system and employment.
- Survivor Support Group
- Interpretation Services
- Collaborates with a number of domestic violence agencies across the state and nationally.
- Assistance in accessing counseling, legal assistance, housing, transportation, support services, school, employment, and other emergency needs
- Partners with educational, social, career, and other non-domestic violence programs to support transition into the community
- Provide public awareness and community education
- Provide cross-cultural trainings for professionals and volunteers
- Undertake outreach efforts
Between October to December 2015, Asha served 51 adults and children who were experiencing domestic violence from the South Asian community. We have fielded hotline calls from all over the state of Ohio, across the United States, and from South Asian countries.
In 2011, Asha-Ray of Hope provided assistance to 33 individuals, approximately 2.75 new clients calling for help every month! Not only do we provide assistance to the victims, we also help with their dependents (their children). In 2011, Asha-Ray of Hope helped 13 dependents while actively working with their mothers who were our clients.
In our efforts, we are actively supported by Verizon Wireless, which has donated thirty-five (35) free phones to our clients, each with 3000 free minutes. These hopeline phones help clients communicate with law enforcement, advocates, social workers, and other providers who contribute to the well-being and safety of clients and their children.
Each woman that Asha serves is unique. The women have diverse backgrounds including age, religion, ethnic origin, economic and educational background, language spoken, and immigration status. Asha Ray of Hope molds services to meet each client’s specific needs and exists to create a safe place that provides culturally-sensitive support, services, and advocacy for South Asian women facing domestic abuse, and we work to educate, engage, and mobilize the South Asian community to eradicate violence against women.